Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New ABC Crime Drama Same Old, Same Old

The following is a link from Felicia Lee's review of the new ABC series "Castle": http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/07/arts/television/07castle.html?_r=1&ref=television.

I was honestly kind of annoyed the entire time I was reading Lee's review because there were maybe two lines on the show itself, and I was really interested to hear what she had to say because I watched the season premiere last night. But I got to the end and realized that that was intentional, it was her point. All she'd done was talk about other cop shows that pair a man and woman with each other, and go on and on and on about them, and I was bored - it wasn't what I wanted to hear about. But her point was that the show itself wasn't worth talking about, that it itself is boring, because it's not anything innovative, it's just a copycat. And while I kind of agree, and kind of don't agree, I have to respect her technique. She got her point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment