Monday, January 19, 2009

Review of 'Gran Torino' Review

My "but" comes at the end of the first paragraph: "Eastwood's judgments may be more on target than Kowalski's, though, as he brings an overall must-see film for society to the box office."

In terms of things I would change, I think I'd talk more about the script itself and less about the cultural implications of it, and I'd do a better job of summarizing what the film is actually about. I think that I'd also end up changing the tone of the piece itself to be slightly less positive because, after another day of reflection, I was less impressed by the film than I initially was.

I'd also be more specific with backing up the points I make, and I wouldn't refer to the "viewers." Overall I'd probably give myself a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment